Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of the Mexican army’s victory over France in 1862, according to History.com.
This celebration is a good way to embrace Mexican heritage, eat delicious food and, of course, drink margaritas.
Original margarita recipe:
Because some of us just like traditional-style margaritas, click here for a super simple drink idea that doesn’t require a store-bought mix.
- Margarita ice cream — Just when you thought margaritas couldn’t get any better, they turned into a dessert.
- Strawberry margarita cupcakes — This recipe takes cupcakes to a whole new level.
- Margarita gummies — This recipe is pretty tricky, but if you get it right this is sure to be a treat.
- Margarita cake — The best birthday cake for adults.
- Margarita popsicle — If you remember to prepare this ahead of time, it’s surely a refreshing treat everyone will enjoy.
Non-traditional margarita drinks:
- Strawberry margarita Jell-O shots — Everything about this margarita recipe is just perfect.
- Blackberry margarita — Because plain and strawberry margaritas are just way too boring.
- Jalapeño margarita — If spicy is your thing, this is for you!
- White wine margarita — Who ever said wine and tequila don’t mix?
- Pineapple margarita — A delightful fruity and refreshing combination.
Check out our Pinterest board for more margarita-esque recipes.
Do you have a margarita recipe you’d like to share? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to feature!